Communicating with Older Adults in the advancing stages of Dementia
This half day course (awaiting NMBI approval) provides an overview of dementia but focuses on communicative difficulties in particular especially in the advancing stages of the illness.
- The importance of communication.
- The effects of dementia on communication.
- The communicative needs of people living with dementia.
- Verbal & Non-verbal communicating with people who have dementia.
- Environmental considerations.
- Mindfulness, Empathy, Kindness, Caring and Compassion.
- Behaviours associated with dementia and understanding behaviours as a means of communication.
- Person centred caring & communication.