By the end of the Loading Shovel course the operator should be able to:
- Carry out pre-start inspection.
- Operate safely under varying site conditions.
- Carry out minor adjustments and routine service.
- Demonstrate an understanding of responsibilities under relevant legislation.
- Operate machine safely and correctly in accordance with manufacturers’ manual and instructions and accepted good practice.
- Introduction to machine
- Relevant regulations/legislation
- Pre-start inspections/maintenance
- General driving (including inclines)
- Vehicle loading
- Use of 4 in 1 bucket (if applicable)
- Controls and instruments
- Excavating from bank/stockpile
- Daily and routine maintenance
- Cleaning of working area
- Stockpiling and leveling
- Deep and shallow excavations
The course will consist of both theoretical and Practical exam.
Successful candidate will be issued with an RTITB certificate along with a CSCS card which is valid throughout Ireland and the UK.
Drop Us an Email
Send us and email and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.