Driver Off-Loading and Loading Safety
FITAC are proud to present our latest course, Driver Off-Loading and Loading Safety.
Load securing and safe loading has become a very topical and important subject amongst the Road Safety Authority and the Health & Safety Authority at present in Ireland.
We recognise that there has been an increase in incidents involving the transportation of goods, and this course aims to address these issues, by delivering tailor made courses to suit our client’s specific needs,
Off-Loading and Loading training for Drivers is a comprehensive course for up to 5 people per group, designed to equip staff with the skills and knowledge they need to operate safety in various different workplace environments.
Over the course of the 4 hours we will focus on the following areas:
- Background and Objectives, why we carry out training, legal responsibilities,
- All relevant Legislation, Health & Safety at Work Act
- The different types of mechanical equipment used in warehouses
- Particular focus on the Power Pallet Truck Theory
- Manual Pallet Truck – Manual Handling (pushing and pulling)
- Hazards and Risk associated with Off-loading and Loading vehicles
- Opening the back door of the container/lorry safely (falling objects)
- Operation and Safe Working on Tail Lift Vehicles
- Safe operation of curtain-side lorries (opening and closing)
- Access and egress to and from trailers (Working at Heights)
- Safe and correct operation of dock levellers
- Internal Warehouse hazards and risk assessments
- Slopes and gradients and the dangers therein while operating
- Operating in adverse weather conditions
- How to assess a load which may be unstable/dangerous to offload
- Off-Loading and Loading of Double stacked pallets
- Different types of pallets and the safest way to transport each type
- Safe loading procedures, securing of loads and dangers associated with unstable loads
- Dangerous goods awareness
- Practical training in the warehouse on all operations above
- Practical training on the Power Pallet Truck
On successful completion, all participants will receive a Certificate in Off-loading & Loading Vehicles Safety for Drivers, which is recognised by the RSA, the HSA, and complies with the H&S Act work Act 2007, covering Duties of the Employer which is valid for 3 years.
Drop Us an Email
Send us and email and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.