Health and Safety at Roadworks
This one day Health and Safety at Roadworks course is designed to train roadworkers to assist the Signing Lighting and Guarding cardholder during the implementation of a traffic management plan also for anyone who is involved in the development, organisation and management of roadworks on all road types so as to understand the risks to their own safety from passing traffic as well as the need to avoid creating dangers to road users.
- The main course of legislation relating to safety at roadworks
- The general legal considerations governing Safety, Health and Welfare at work
- The duties of employers and employees ensuring a safe place of work.
- The concept of risk and the necessity for risk assessments
- The source of authority to stop and direct road traffic
- How to minimize the risk for site personnel and the general public
- The requirements for personal protective equipment at roadworks
- The order of signage at temporary roadworks
- Determining the correct control of the traffic system for all roadwork conditions
- The legal requirements for safe operation of plant and equipment involved at roadworks
- The potential hazards involved in any excavation works
- Dealing with materials, delivery, storage, and handling
- What constitutes an emergency. What to do and not to do
On successful completion, candidates will be awarded a FETAC Certificate and a CSCS Card. Certificate valid for 5 years.
Drop Us an Email
Send us and email and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.