Scaffolding Training Course
To give candidates the knowledge to erect and dismantle a basic system scaffold safely in accordance with the statuary regulations and the manufacturer’s instructions for that type of scaffold.
|Number of participants:||12 (minimum 3)|
The venue must have an adequately sized classroom for all candidates to complete the theory section of the course and a safely cordoned off area of adequate size for the practical assessment, it is preferable for this course to be run at an approved and accredited Training Centre
All candidates for this course must have 6 months full time experience of working with different types of scaffold and this must be endorsed by their employer. They must also have an up to date Safe Pass card and a current Manual Handling certificate
Day 1 – 5
- Manufacturer’s Manual for the relevant scaffold
- Relevant Legislation and Guidelines (C.O.P. TG20-13)
- Method Statements and Risk Assessments
- Manual Handling – best practices
- Harness inspections
- Scaffolding terminology and components
- Inspecting materials, ground conditions and setting out
- Erecting independent scaffolds, Towers and Birdcages
- Bracing, Ties, Ladders, Ropes and Knots commonly used
- Following basic scaffold designs
- Form filling regarding hand-over’s, checklists 1 & 2, GA3’s and scaff-tags
- Theory preparation and revision
- Practical Assessment – 5 hours 30 mins
- Theory Assessment – 1 hour
- Course Review and Summary
Successful candidates will receive a SOLAS CSCS card and a FETAC certificate.
Drop Us an Email
Send us and email and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.