Activity Provision for Individuals with Dementia
This one day course aims to help people working with individuals with dementia/ cognitive impairment to understand the vital importance of supporting the well-being and occupation of people.
- Person-centred meal-times
- To explore the connection between individual well-being and occupation.
- To consider the view that people in our care should be provided with opportunity for occupation and stimulation throughout their waking hours.
- To explore psycho-social interventions including reminiscence and doll therapy
- To facilitate staff in decisions about future person-centred interventions.