Maintaining Quality of Life for Persons with Dementia
This one day programme is aimed to help staff gain a basic understanding of dementia from the residents perspective and to highlight the need for a person centred approach.
- Exploration of the biological components of dementia care (anatomy/physiology of the brain and differing dementias)
- Discussion around person-centred approach in dementia care
- Exploration of changing communication needs along the continuum of the dementia journey
- Understanding of why behaviour that is challenging to staff may occur
- Assessment, interventions and documentation in this area of care