This study day is aimed at nursing staff.
- An overview of the main issues associated with medication errors and near misses
- Evidence-based approaches to promote and implement safe medication practice
- The ‘risk management’ approach to safe medication management practice.
- Legislation and by NMBI Guidelines.
- The scope of nursing and midwifery practice,
- Key principles of medication management,
- The medication management cycle,
- The management of controlled drugs,
- Policy and laws in medication management,
- Medication safety.