Understanding and Applying the Principles of Palliative Care
This one day workshop is aimed at Healthcare professionals/ employees. It offers participants an opportunity to deepen their understanding of the palliative care approach.
- An overview of palliative care
- Palliative care from a holistic perspective
- The importance of effective communication with patients and their families
- Various useful communication skills and strategies
- Symptom recognition, assessment and control
- Loss, grief and bereavement
- End of life care
- Ensuring Quality of Life towards the end of life
- Helping people to live until they die
- How to apply the palliative approach in practice.