Infant & Toddler First Aid
On this course, you will learn to recognize and treat the most common illnesses and injuries suffered by babies and toddlers; everything from life-threatening conditions to bumps and scrapes. A recent survey in Mother and Baby Magazine found that 83% of parents would not remember what to do in an emergency. Even a simple knowledge of basic first aid can not only save lives, but it can also prevent long term suffering and disability. At FITAC, we believe First aid is an essential parenting skill so we have created this course that will ensure the “grown-ups” know exactly what to do in the case of an emergency. This course is open to everyone responsible for babies and toddlers but is especially aimed at parents or expectant parents.
Who is this Course For?
This course is open to everyone who is responsible for babies and toddlers but is especially aimed at parents or expectant parents who want to learn first aid skills. Babysitters, grandparents, aunts, and uncles are all welcome to attend as well though!
- Incident Management
- Management of an unconscious baby or toddler
- How to treat head injuries and febrile convulsions
- How to treat shock, hypothermia, and drowning
- Resuscitation of a baby or toddler
- Treatment of choking, poisoning, burns, and scalds
- Recognition of asthma, croup, meningitis, and treatment thereof