Heartsaver CPR AED
This half day course teaches you the basic techniques of cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), how to use an Automated External Defibrillator (AED) and the relief of choking for adults, children and infants.
An AED is a computerised defibrillator which analyses the heart rhythm of a person in cardiac arrest and uses voice prompts to advise you if a shock is needed. The AED is an important link in the chain of survival and this course teaches you how to use them effectively. The Heartsaver CPR AED Course takes approximately 3½ hours to complete and you will receive an Irish Heart Foundation / American Heart Association course completion card upon successfully completing the course. This is valid for 2 years.
The Heartsaver CPR AED course is the recommended for anyone with limited or no medical training who needs a course completion card in CPR and AED use to meet job, regulatory or other requirements.
- Adult CPR
- Child CPR
- Infant CPR (Optional)
- Use of Face Mask Barrier Devices
- Adult Choking – Conscious and Unconscious
- Child Choking – Conscious and Unconscious
- Infant Choking – Conscious and Unconscious (Optional)
- Safe and effective use of an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Special considerations when using an Automated External Defibrillator (AED)
- Skills Group Practice
- Video based course ensures consistency
- Instructor led, hands on class format reinforces skills proficiency
In the classroom, students participate in simulated scenarios and learning stations. Students work with an Irish Heart Foundation Instructor to complete skills practice.