Infection Prevention and Control
This half day course is aimed at Healthcare professionals/ employees or anybody required to adhere to infection control principles
- Background to Infection Control including basic microbiology.
- The chain of infection, sources of micro-organisms, routes of transmission and possible susceptible host.
- Appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- The safe use and disposal of sharps.
- Standard infection control precautions including, safe handling and disposal of waste, safe management of laundry, maintenance of a clean environment and decontamination.
- Handwashing technique and also Alcohol Handrub Technique. (using Fluorescent Hand Machine & UV hand cream to access effectiveness of technique).
- Other considerations in infection control such as the management of common infections, healthcare acquired infections and increased antibiotic resistance etc.