Covid- 19 Infection Prevention and Control
Due to the current Coronavirus (COVID 19) pandemic, organisations and individuals are being required to reconsider and reassess their working conditions and environment. FITAC offer affordable online training during this pandemic providing knowledge and considerations to prepare your organisation in the area of infection control.
- Background to Infection Control including basic microbiology.
- The chain of infection, sources of micro-organisms, routes of transmission and possible susceptible host.
- Appropriate use of personal protective equipment (PPE).
- The safe use and disposal of sharps.
- Standard infection control precautions including, safe handling and disposal of waste, safe management of laundry, maintenance of a clean environment and decontamination.
- Handwashing technique and also Alcohol Handrub Technique. (using Fluorescent Hand Machine & UV hand cream to access effectiveness of technique).
- Other considerations in infection control such as the management of common infections, healthcare acquired infections and increased antibiotic resistance etc.