Implementing Person-Centered Care Planning
This one day course (awaiting NMBI approval) is for those organisations who wish to be able to give their staff the opportunity to understand and implement a person centred approach to caring. At a time of huge demand on services, our care services can find themselves imposing routine, structure and systems that serve the organisation, but which might not respect the core values of respect, inclusion, independence and choice for services users.
- What does ‘person centred’ actually mean?
- The knowledge, skills, attitudes, values and judgements required to provide PCC
- Treating people as individuals
- The quality of relationships
- Knowing and understanding people’s rights
- The culture change from care to support
- Empowerment versus disempowerment
- Actions not words- the right approach
- Overcoming the challenges of providing person centred care