Introduction To Human Resource Management
This introductory Human Resource Management course, run over two modules, is of particular interest to staff that have recently been appointed to either a human resource role or department. The course has been designed to incorporate current best practice and recent developments in employment legislation.
Please contact us to discuss upcoming course options and dates.
Pearse St, Dublin 2
Who is this for?
Upon completion of this training, participants will have:
- A clear understanding of the broader scope and content of human resource management
- An appreciation of the role of the human resource function
- Knowledge of sources of further information relating to key areas of human resource management
The course will cover the following areas:
- The Role and Contribution of Human Resource Management:
- Models of Human Resource Management;
- HR Role in developing Policy. Procedures and Best Practice;
- The Role of Line Managers.
- Resourcing Talent and the HRM role in Recruitment and Selection:
- Workforce Planning;
- Methods of Selection;
- Ensuring Best Practice in Competency Based Selection Interviewing.
- Employee Engagement and Performance Management & Development:
- HR Role in Developing and Supporting Performance Management and Development in Organisations;
- Employee Engagement and Motivation;
- The Role of Learning and Development in Organisations;
- Supporting Change in Organisations.
- Establishing and Maintaining Employee Relations:
- The Roles and Functions of the Key Employee Relations / Industrial Relations Institutions and Processes;
- Employment Law, including Contracts of Employment, Employer Duties, Equality and Dignity at Work (including Bullying and Harassment and Stress);
- An overview of grievance & discipline handling in the workplace;
- Data Protection in relation to human resource information.
Drop Us an Email
Send us and email and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.