Manual Handling Training
This half day course, instructs employees in the theory and practice of safe manual handling. To comply with the 2007 Manual Handling Regulations, staff engaged in manual handling must be given training in the safe handling of loads.
On completion of the course participants will be able to:
- Recognise a load which is too heavy or awkward
- Understand the limitations of the spine and muscular system
- Lift and handle loads safely.
Course Content – Theoretical Training
- Dangers of careless and unskilled methods
- Principles of levers and laws of motion
- Anatomy of the spine and muscular system
- How the body is harmed through incorrect handling techniques
- Importance of physical fitness
- Personal Protective equipment
- How to handle loads safely
- Practice in safe handling of loads
- Lifting to and from ground level
- Lifting to and from a height
- Lifting bags/sacks or other loads appropriate to the workplace
Drop Us an Email
Send us and email and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.