QQI Occupational First Aid (Level 5, 5N1207)
The aim of this 3-day course is to allow delegates to gain an understanding of the responsibilities of the occupational first aider and be able to provide treatment for the purpose of preserving life or minimising the consequences of injury until discharge or the arrival of medical assistance.
- First aid in a workplace
- Patient assessment
- Respiratory emergencies.
- Cardiac First Response: includes Automated External Defibrillator (AED) training
- Wounds and bleeding
- Altered levels of consciousness.
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Burns and scalds, chemicals, electric shock.
- Carry a patient assessment
- Carry out Respiratory emergencies
- Will be able to carry out Cardiac First Response and use a Defibrillator
- Attend to wounds and bleeding
- Care for musculoskeletal injuries, and treat burns, scalds, chemicals and electric shock.
Who Should Attend this course?
Operatives, line managers or supervisors, or persons involved in ensuring health and safety that may be required to provide treatment for the purpose of preserving life and minimising injuries.
Delegates who successfully complete the course will receive a QQI Level 5 Certificate in Occupational First Aid.
To be successful delegates must pass:
Written Assessment (30%)
Skills Demonstrations (70%)